Rantings of a complain-freak

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Madness

I think I've gone mad. From shopping.
 
Ever since I decided to move into Hall, there are just so many things that I want to buy! Clothes, clothes and more clothes (did I add that I bought lots of them today? I'll elaborate...); shoes and slippers and more slippers; accessories, meaning necklaces, bracelets, chains, watches, bags; hall stuff like dustbins, bedsheets, food, clothes racks, containers, pillows. Where the hell did I get so much money?!?
 
And after spending something like a 4 figure digit so far (exclueding my glorious overseas holidays and good food I consume everyday), I learnt an oh-so-painful-on-my-wallet lesson. Never buy things that are cheap and that you are vaguely fond of just for the sake of buying or coz its a sale. Only buy those that you are in love with and those that fit you. Now that I've said it, let me now say that THIS IS SO HARD TO ABIDE BY.
 
After my initial denim craze, which cost me 4 full length jeans,  2 three-quarts, 2 skirts, 1 fake berms and 1 pair of shorts (yes I'm mad!), I'm now into this undergarment and cotton tops craze. Which is shitty, since I manage to get out of my accessories craze with about a $100 worth of damage so far. And I figure sometimes to myself, if the top is cheap, just BUY IT for goodness sake. Until I've bought it (we all know most dirt cheap tops are not for trying), and discover how the armhole is too small, the design looks nice on the clothes rack but horrid on me, that I bought it for the sake of buying something. And the freaking sales everywhere are a hoax. MNG and Zara sales render the whole Orchard Road walking signboards and free advertisements. So many similar tops and Singaporeans look like they bought their clothes from some "Mango Addict" factory. Others just tempt you to go in and buy something that they are trying to clear stock. Bras have matching panties and pretty designs, but who is ever gonna see them, unless you hang them out in blazing glory, but that only invites perverts with a certain fetish for stealing underwear.
 
Moving on to my onslaught today. Bought 2 Fox shorts, those not on 1/2 price promotion (No, I'm not stupid, I just couldn't find a nice design or the one with my size, so there.) and the cashier kept urging me to buy on more non-promotional item to get a free bag worth a stunning $8. Wow! (Note the sarcasm.) And I actually bought one more. Silly right? Now, I'm kicking myself in the ass and wondering what possessed me to squander away hard-earned cash. The shopping devil? Utter madness.
 
Now I've to practise piano. Exams are less than a week away! And I've no time! Going for orientation somemore. I hope to pass. I've been working on this for really long now. I need some divine help. Till then, please wich me luck.
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home