Rantings of a complain-freak

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Europe - Austria

Salzburg
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Trip there took ages. We had lunch at some autogrill area, something like a petrol station with a restaurant beside. Had another stop for tea - apple strudel. Sandwiches were nice, strudel so-so, however the view was very scenic. Something different from what we've been seeing in Italy. I like the quiet and calmness of it all.

We stopped at Salzburg - and walked through the "Sound of Music" garden. For those who watched the movie, this garden is the place where the kids played and sang "Doh a deer a female deer..." Its very very pretty.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I like the flowers and the clouds a lot!

We journeyed from the new town(which looked rather quaint to me already), past a bridge with a magnificent view, to the old town in Salzburg.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

One thing that makes Salzburg stand out is apparently the signs they have on their shops. They are quaint and with one look, tell you what the shops are about. My fav is the umbrella one.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We also saw Mozart's house - he has 2 houses, one is his birth house, the other is the one he lives in (i think, memory abit failing). There is also a statue of him, and a certain type of chocolate named after him as well. Kinda ordinary though, the chocolate.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The 3rd pic in the collage shows the smallest house in Salzburg - think its half the size of a normal house. The architecture in old towns are really amazing. Kinda like our Chinatown, only 100 times better!

The place was so nice but like all tours, we had to rush through the area. Qianyi and I liked the place so much we woke up super early the next day (ard 4 plus cos the sun rises at 5am) just to have a quiet walk down the old town again.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The water flowing in the river came from the melting ice-caps in the Alps. It is drinkable I'm sure!

I really like this place a lot. It is very quiet, the air is crisp and fresh, the water is clean and clear, everything is so natural. I could jog by the banks of the river everyday, sit in the park alone drinking coffee and eating a sandwich.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Something to note. The bus-stops here actually tell you what time the bus is coming - down to the minute. Singapore should have this man!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Didn't go to the Swarovski World Museum Optional tour after breakfast. There were 2 kids who didn't go too, and we had massive fun playing in the maze near the museum with them. They won 2 graduates lor! The graduates still thought the map of the maze was false, when we actually couldn't read it. Sia suay. Lose to sec 1 and sec 2 girls!

Innsbruck
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The pic above shows the "Little Golden Roof" in Innsbruck and I think its the only attraction in the area. The roof looks gold but its actually copper. Cool shite.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We stopped at Innsbruck en-route to Lucerne, Switzerland. The architecture was amazing as well. I like that when I look at the old town, I don't only see buildings, I see the Alps too. This place is as nice as Salzburg in terms of scenery!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Food-wise was not too bad too. Had some roasted beef with potatoe, fried breaded pork chops, and I drank this vanilla tea. The tea had rose petals, some vanilla thing, and apples. When I drank it, the smell of the tea was so fragrant, I felt like I was drinking high class liquid apple pie. Very nice! The ice-cream was very nice too!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home