View from the top
I sorta came to a conclusion that people in general, do not like to listen to your problems, woes or worries unless:
1. They are feeling the same way
2. Have felt strongly the same way before
3. Your problems, woes or worries somehow directly / indirectly impact their lives
4. They wanna take the chance to divert and twist your story whilst listening and find the first chance to talk about their own problems, woes or worries
Even if people have time and have nothing to do, they tend to brush off things as being miniscule. And that might be true too, for we as myopic beings, always see our problems as very big and insurmountable, like a looming mountain obstacle.
When it actually could be rather small.
So what do you do when you feel like you have to talk to someone, despite knowing that the audience might not be receptive, or thinking that its such a stupid little thing even though it means the world to you. I found a very nice alternative: Jog on a fine afternoon around somewhere nice and green with flowers, trees, grass and hopefully a nice view from the top.
Suddenly I felt that the world was beautiful and vast, and I was just a little being on Earth. And when I looked down at the little cars, HDBs and streetlamps from atop, I felt like a fairy angel gazing at the lives of mortal beings.
And everything became fine again....
1. They are feeling the same way
2. Have felt strongly the same way before
3. Your problems, woes or worries somehow directly / indirectly impact their lives
4. They wanna take the chance to divert and twist your story whilst listening and find the first chance to talk about their own problems, woes or worries
Even if people have time and have nothing to do, they tend to brush off things as being miniscule. And that might be true too, for we as myopic beings, always see our problems as very big and insurmountable, like a looming mountain obstacle.
When it actually could be rather small.
So what do you do when you feel like you have to talk to someone, despite knowing that the audience might not be receptive, or thinking that its such a stupid little thing even though it means the world to you. I found a very nice alternative: Jog on a fine afternoon around somewhere nice and green with flowers, trees, grass and hopefully a nice view from the top.
Suddenly I felt that the world was beautiful and vast, and I was just a little being on Earth. And when I looked down at the little cars, HDBs and streetlamps from atop, I felt like a fairy angel gazing at the lives of mortal beings.
And everything became fine again....
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home