Adventure Trail Challenge
The 4 Warriors decided to embark on an unprecedented challenge. They had to conquer the unknown, the excitement, and the rush of other warriors, desperate to win the battle. It was a struggle not just with the other competitors, but a wrenching tussle within themselves. To give up? To carry on? These questions flitted in and out of the warriors minds as they encouraged and pushed each other to the end.
Introducing the Warriors:

Toh Zhi Wei - the mei mei radar. Leader of the group, initiator of the trainings, fittest of the lot. Hall 9 Sports Sec.

Tiong Heng Kia - Tiong son of Hengkia. Last to join the group. Strong and determined, and always debating with Zhi Wei. Hall 12 Sports Sec.

Han Xin Yi - My Project Mate. Funny, cute and comfortable to be with. The one any guy wants to take care of. Hall 9.

Teo Hui Jing - Me. Pretty, cute, adorable, "fit", intelligent. The liability in the group. Hall 3 Sports Sec.
The route started like this.
Start: Sun Plaza Park (near Tampines Mall)
Run to Pasir Ris Sea Sports Centre (about 6km)
Kayak to Pulau Ubin (about 3km)
Split into 2 groups - 1 group to do mud crawl, and 2 river crossings. Other group do trail / jungle biking
Gather back at the ubin start point and switch tasks with the other group
Meet up and kayak back to the Pasir Ris Sea Sports Centre
Run past Tampines Mall and to Bedok Reservoir
Run back to Century Square and abseil down the shopping centre
End

It was tough. It was gruelling. It was demoralising. It was dirty and muddy and smelly. It was energy sapping. It was painful. It was sunny and burning our faces. But we did it. In about 7 hours.

See! My shirt is so muddy!
After kayaking, Hengkia and I did the mud crawl thing first. You know rivers and mud pools, they have these high, slippery embankments you have to climb up to normal ground. Well, my arms were f**king tired from the kayaking, and I couldn't pull myself up. Hengkia tried to help by hoisting my butt up, but I was just too tired to pull on my end. He was tired too, and after 2 tries, hollered "Can someone up there please help?!?" I got "dragged" up in the end by some kind fellow racers, and suffered a lot of cuts as a result. (Its damn funny now on hindsight, but believe me, I couldn't care less then.)
I was too tired to care. My cuts had mud in them, they were bleeding and the sea water was stinging them. I got abrasions and what nots too. But I was really tired. I didn't care, I just pushed through numbly, my legs wobbly as I tried to run. Thank God for my teammates who were there for me always.
At the end of the day, it was worth it all. A super sense of achievement. And an aching sensation all over the next day.
Introducing the Warriors:

Toh Zhi Wei - the mei mei radar. Leader of the group, initiator of the trainings, fittest of the lot. Hall 9 Sports Sec.

Tiong Heng Kia - Tiong son of Hengkia. Last to join the group. Strong and determined, and always debating with Zhi Wei. Hall 12 Sports Sec.

Han Xin Yi - My Project Mate. Funny, cute and comfortable to be with. The one any guy wants to take care of. Hall 9.

Teo Hui Jing - Me. Pretty, cute, adorable, "fit", intelligent. The liability in the group. Hall 3 Sports Sec.
The route started like this.
Start: Sun Plaza Park (near Tampines Mall)
Run to Pasir Ris Sea Sports Centre (about 6km)
Kayak to Pulau Ubin (about 3km)
Split into 2 groups - 1 group to do mud crawl, and 2 river crossings. Other group do trail / jungle biking
Gather back at the ubin start point and switch tasks with the other group
Meet up and kayak back to the Pasir Ris Sea Sports Centre
Run past Tampines Mall and to Bedok Reservoir
Run back to Century Square and abseil down the shopping centre
End

It was tough. It was gruelling. It was demoralising. It was dirty and muddy and smelly. It was energy sapping. It was painful. It was sunny and burning our faces. But we did it. In about 7 hours.

See! My shirt is so muddy!
After kayaking, Hengkia and I did the mud crawl thing first. You know rivers and mud pools, they have these high, slippery embankments you have to climb up to normal ground. Well, my arms were f**king tired from the kayaking, and I couldn't pull myself up. Hengkia tried to help by hoisting my butt up, but I was just too tired to pull on my end. He was tired too, and after 2 tries, hollered "Can someone up there please help?!?" I got "dragged" up in the end by some kind fellow racers, and suffered a lot of cuts as a result. (Its damn funny now on hindsight, but believe me, I couldn't care less then.)
I was too tired to care. My cuts had mud in them, they were bleeding and the sea water was stinging them. I got abrasions and what nots too. But I was really tired. I didn't care, I just pushed through numbly, my legs wobbly as I tried to run. Thank God for my teammates who were there for me always.
At the end of the day, it was worth it all. A super sense of achievement. And an aching sensation all over the next day.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home