Weirdo classmates
I have the funniest (ie: weirdest and/or hilarious) of classmates. And a tutor specially worth mentioning. Why you ask? Consider this situation.
Me(during presentation): yada yada yada.. and so, we take revenue minus total cost to get profit...
Classmate A (lets just call her A since I don't know what Miss Intellect is called): So you mean to say that you use total costs? Why not just variable costs?
Me(stunned. she didn't look THAT stupid): You want to find profit wad, so have to take revenue minus TOTAL cost and NOT variable costs.
Classmate A: But I mean to say that if the situation was such that yada yada yada (i totally switched off), so I was wondering yada yada yada variable costs instead.
Tutor(matter-of-factly): But it is not in the question.
You'd think my tutor is super reasonable at that point in time. Thats is, until I presented the next slide.
Me: blah blah blah so the market price is $4 minus the transfer price which is $3 to get the gain.
What followed was a long draggy debate about which price made which party better off. Lasted for about 20 minutes, but I felt that it encompasses all 20 years of my life. Argh. Finally, the tutor said something that made me want to pluck out a leg hair, use my magic breath to blow on it and turn it into the Monkey King's golden staff to whack his head.
Tutor(looking very serious indeed): Actually.... (pause for effect)... after discussing for so long... though the question said it is the market price, that is not the real market price...
Everyone: HUH?!!?
Anyway, there is this guy in my Biz Comm group who looks super feirce. His eyebrows are very thick and his eyes can kill (literally kill you, not the charming drop dead kind of kill). I was super nervous to be in his group at first. Plus he is tall, dark and looks like he trains in the gym or plays some tough sport. But the moment he opened his mouth, he transforms into a harmless little giant - super nice, shy and funny.
Weird huh, that appearances mean so little these days.
***
Zhao: I am not sure exactly how our reverend clan started out in the first place. Think it was something about hall people not wanting to do tutorials and recruiting other hall members into the clan. But don't fret... I'll tell you after I check our sacred historic chronicals. Haha. If you want, I can recruit you into my clan as 恭喜发财幸运财神爷.... how does that sound? :)
Me(during presentation): yada yada yada.. and so, we take revenue minus total cost to get profit...
Classmate A (lets just call her A since I don't know what Miss Intellect is called): So you mean to say that you use total costs? Why not just variable costs?
Me(stunned. she didn't look THAT stupid): You want to find profit wad, so have to take revenue minus TOTAL cost and NOT variable costs.
Classmate A: But I mean to say that if the situation was such that yada yada yada (i totally switched off), so I was wondering yada yada yada variable costs instead.
Tutor(matter-of-factly): But it is not in the question.
You'd think my tutor is super reasonable at that point in time. Thats is, until I presented the next slide.
Me: blah blah blah so the market price is $4 minus the transfer price which is $3 to get the gain.
What followed was a long draggy debate about which price made which party better off. Lasted for about 20 minutes, but I felt that it encompasses all 20 years of my life. Argh. Finally, the tutor said something that made me want to pluck out a leg hair, use my magic breath to blow on it and turn it into the Monkey King's golden staff to whack his head.
Tutor(looking very serious indeed): Actually.... (pause for effect)... after discussing for so long... though the question said it is the market price, that is not the real market price...
Everyone: HUH?!!?
Anyway, there is this guy in my Biz Comm group who looks super feirce. His eyebrows are very thick and his eyes can kill (literally kill you, not the charming drop dead kind of kill). I was super nervous to be in his group at first. Plus he is tall, dark and looks like he trains in the gym or plays some tough sport. But the moment he opened his mouth, he transforms into a harmless little giant - super nice, shy and funny.
Weird huh, that appearances mean so little these days.
***
Zhao: I am not sure exactly how our reverend clan started out in the first place. Think it was something about hall people not wanting to do tutorials and recruiting other hall members into the clan. But don't fret... I'll tell you after I check our sacred historic chronicals. Haha. If you want, I can recruit you into my clan as 恭喜发财幸运财神爷.... how does that sound? :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home