Sick
After fighting valiantly for a few days, my body finally succummbed to the assualts of the killer viruses all around me. I'm sick, mentally and physically.
My brother is a walking meteroid of viruses at the present moment, one hell of a hot bed breeding ground I tell you. And his favourite camping place is outside my room, where the computer is. The office is Genting-cold airconned with zero "wind". The air is so stale and still, even though it is cold. And with my colleagues coughing and sneezing, hmmm. People happen to cough in my direction in the bus and some ah pek spat a big glob of phelgm centimetres from my toes.
I woke up this morning feeling as if sunwukong peirced his golden staff through my head and pillow. In short, a splitting headache. Wanted to call and take MC. But some responsible braincells in me classified it as psychological deterence from work, over exaggerating my pain to escape work. So drag my bed out of work I did, and it was one of the worst decisions I made today.
I coughed and coughed and drank lots of hot water to scald the imaginary ants crawling inside my throat. They persisted. I grew weaker. Felt feverish too, though those responsible braincells of mine tried to writedown the sickly feeling. The only thing that made me feel better was that I FINALLY managed to close my first set of accounts. After erm... 4 weeks?
A load off my back, but then I still have another 2 more. Bleah.
My brother is a walking meteroid of viruses at the present moment, one hell of a hot bed breeding ground I tell you. And his favourite camping place is outside my room, where the computer is. The office is Genting-cold airconned with zero "wind". The air is so stale and still, even though it is cold. And with my colleagues coughing and sneezing, hmmm. People happen to cough in my direction in the bus and some ah pek spat a big glob of phelgm centimetres from my toes.
I woke up this morning feeling as if sunwukong peirced his golden staff through my head and pillow. In short, a splitting headache. Wanted to call and take MC. But some responsible braincells in me classified it as psychological deterence from work, over exaggerating my pain to escape work. So drag my bed out of work I did, and it was one of the worst decisions I made today.
I coughed and coughed and drank lots of hot water to scald the imaginary ants crawling inside my throat. They persisted. I grew weaker. Felt feverish too, though those responsible braincells of mine tried to writedown the sickly feeling. The only thing that made me feel better was that I FINALLY managed to close my first set of accounts. After erm... 4 weeks?
A load off my back, but then I still have another 2 more. Bleah.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home