Rantings of a complain-freak

Saturday, January 01, 2005

new year

2005 and the beginning of yet another year.

New Year's Eve was spent with great company and yummilicious food. Having won some money the day before, I subsidised Siying and Mandy and we ate THREE NYDC mudpies. Sweet indulgence became saccharine overdose though, and my tummy felt disgustingly uncomfortable. Good movies are the ones with the hot babes and cool dudes, engaging plots and unexpected twists and turns, pumped with adrenaline, never short of a witty line and peppered liberally with humour(not the slapstick Stephen Chow kind of crude humour). National Treasure is one such movie, and I'm glad Siying insisted we watch that instead of Kungfu Hustle, which I suspect I won't enjoy just as much. I did not, however, believe that walking around aimlessly in Raffles City, looking at toys in Robinsons and not checking out any shops could be fun. Mandy and Siying never fail to amuse me - 3 of us walked each level of the mall at least twice, doing nothing more than talk talk and more talk.

Rouwan's place was even more hilarious. We played sparklers by the pool like some preschooling idiots, jumping and prancing and trying to burn each other's chests in the process. Cheap thrill came in the form of pretending to push each other into the pool, conspiring with Rouwan's cat to scare Weiling into hoarse screams, and attempting to play bridge on a real bridge(a walkway over her swimming pool). We played dai dee in semi-darkness in the end as the bridge was too dark.

Anyway, a new year and a new start, or at least thats what everyone says. I decided that new year equals new hair, so I went to cut and colour my hair on the first day of 2005. It costs $75, which I think is cheap considering its a public holiday today and some freaking idiot ripped my wallet off the last time I went there for a trim. I also got my first choice GE, Malay, and I could not be happier. Haven't swapped books with Mandy yet, nor buy my Marketing text but no sweat, these are small matters. The big issue comes on Monday when I have to stand by my computer at 9:59am to switch tutorial classes to be with my friends. Monday is the day I have to collect my souvenirs for my RR team and my IHG Track heats which I am dreading.

I am scared that I will fail badly and disappoint myself. I don't have to answer to anyone about my attendance and performance in sports, neither do I have to give any reasons for my attitude. I play because I like to and I am committed for trainings because I WANT to, not because of points. After my sprained ankle, not being able to attend the crucial last minute team trainings, in my opinion, means that I am not fit to be part of the team, coz I am not up to standard. So I don't attend team talks, don't even bother to bring my stuff down in anticipation that I might play, the most I'll do is to go support my friends. I can accept if other people think they are part of the team without attending trainings, but if it happens to me, I can't accept it. So don't impose YOUR values and "what YOU think is right" on me. These are my beliefs in sports, and what I think has to be done. Sorry if I seem like I don't care. You don't know how I feel, how it tears to be so useless and helpless. I really try hard, just that you don't see it. Too bad.

Finally, I realised that in my foolish complacency and egoistic moment of folly, I told so many hall people about my blog. Dunno whether this is good or not, since hall as we all know, is a place of gossips, rumours and bitching. And in hall3, such things spread like the wind. Oh well, if there comes a time when I feel that I must be cautious and watch what I blog, that will be the day I change my blog address.

For now, its here to stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home